Celebrity chef Rajeev presents his fusion recipe for chicken kebab burger.
RED FMChicken kebab Burger Ingredients
• 450gm Chicken mince
• 3/4 cup chopped onion
• 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
• 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
• 1 medium egg
• 1 tsp Garam masala
• 1 tsp Cumin powder
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp Chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp Black pepper
• 1/2 tsp ginger paste
• 1/2 tsp garlic paste
• 1 green chilies chopped
• 1/4 cup any oil
• Salt and pepper
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
2-tablespoon chipotle hot pepper
Few sprigs of fresh coriander leaves chopped
4 Brioche buns
8 to 10 leaves of butter lettuce or (any other kind would be fine too)
4 to 6 slices of tomatoes
4 slices of red onion
4 slices of pickles
4 slices of Swiss cheese
· Take the chicken mince in a clean dry bowl.
· Add all the ingredients and mix very well with your hand.
· Cover the mixture with and place it in the fridge for an hour.
· Grease your palm with oil or wet it with few drops of water.
· Scoop out chicken mixture and shape it into a patty by pressing gently with your hand and make few ahead of time before start cooking
· Place a pan over medium heat and pour oil about 1-2 tbsp oil in pan cook few at a time. Allow the oil o become moderately hot.
· In the meantime scoop out about 1 big lemon sized chicken mixture and shape it into a patty by pressing gently with your fingers. Refer the video below.
· When the oil becomes moderately hot, Place the patty shaped chicken Kabab to the hot oil. Fry over medium heat until golden on both sides. It should take you about 10 mins or a little more.
· Fry 3-4 kebabs in a single batch. Do not overcrowd. Burger spread.
· In a blow, add mayonnaise, chipotle sauce, chopped coriander and mix well. Assembly
· Warm the buns, in the oven or an a pan, Spread spicy mayonnaise, on both sides, stack a slice of tomato, onion and pickle on one side of the bun and on the other side place few lettuce leaves,
· Place kebab patty on lettuce and a slice of cheese on top,
· Finish with placing the other side of bun on top.
· Serve with fries or a salad.