Get Ready!! – ‘this was one of the first songs I ever learnt to sing, it’s a classic’ – Inder Kooner
What – ‘quite simply, we took a classic and EnKarmaFied it’ – Pip Dhaliwal
Why – ‘we’ve been rocking this song at our gig and crowds have been loving it’ – Nick Chowlia
VIDEO RELEASING: TUESDAY MARCH 10 (ON YOUTUBE & FACEBOOK)
WHO ARE WE?
If you take the sound of Bhangra music, you can flawlessly match it to the heartbeat of the band, En Karma.
The members were born with “dhols” and “tumbis” (traditional instruments) in hand and a thirst to take Bhangra beats into the fusion zone by adding guitars, drums and piano to the mix. It’s the perfect mix of their diverse roots – Canada, UK and India. En Karma is the only Punjabi band in North America and is one of the top bands of the Bhangra movement. As a live band – they bring to the stage their own arrangements infused with more contemporary influences to create a unique Bhangra sound that is all their own.
En Karma is a group of friends who came together with one goal in mind: create music that people would love dancing to as much as they loved performing it. En Karma consists of Nick Chowlia on keys, Pip Dhaliwal on drums, and Inder Kooner the bands vocal horsepower.
WHAT & WHEN
In 2020, En Karma is looking to take over a decade of music, a dozen releases, new music and classic hits to the main stages of music’s biggest events and festivals in the world. En Karma – the perfect balance of India’s Bhangra, folk Bhangra of Canada mixed with some indie rock. En Karma’s exciting, thrilling and dance inducing performances are sure to be a hit to crowds of all ages and music genres.
2007, En Karma has the following to showcase their skills – 15 music
videos, show reels from past festivals, events and concerts and 11 album
covers for releases from our full album singles.
- En Karma is North America’s ONLY Bhangra band
- En Karma is a distinct and unmatched commodity in the Bhangra industry as it is the only Punjabi band in North America
- En Karma’s members are award winning musicians included being nominated for BritAsia awards.
- The most memorable performances included the Canada 150 celebration in the province’s capital and their electrifying energy at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.
- Drawing on their UK influences for live band arrangements and infused with their more contemporary influences in Vancouver, En Karma has created a unique Bhangra sound that is all their own.
- They are the touring band for Jazzy B – the prince of Bhangra and Malkit Singh – the king of bhangra who made the prestigious Queen’s Honours List.
- En Karma has also collaborated with some of the biggest names in the Bhangra industry over the years including Sharry Mann, Sarbjit Cheema, K.S. Makhan and HDhami.
- Their debut album titled “En Karma” reached #1 on the iTunes World Music chart and featured the lead single Tohar Naal Jeena, and hosting artists such as K. S. Makhan, H Dhami, and Delhi2Dublin.
- It was followed by the release of “EnKarmafied” which reached #2 on the iTunes World Music charts featuring the singles Dil Naal Khedey & Tu Nach.
- En Karma is one of the biggest names to dominate the dance floors at International Jazz Festivals, numerous Indian, Fusion and World Music festivals
- It is a known fact that your feet will remember dancing for days after hearing and seeing En Karma live
- All members of the En Karma band started off as friends and remain friends with a unique ability to flow like “good karma” on and off the stage
- En Karma have been performing shows and festivals around North America to very mixed diversities and backgrounds since 2007
- Canadian World Music and Bhangra ambassadors